We work with residency applicants at every stage of the application process. Whether you have not yet taken a USMLE exam, or you are already ECFMG certified, our expert advisors are available to assist you.
No matter where you are in the application process, contact an IMGPrep advisor today.
To participate in an IMGPrep externship, the following requirements must be met:
- The applicant must have passed at least one of the USMLE® examinations.
- All applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL®) exam (if applicable).
- All applicants must be able to display adequate command of the English language during an initial phone conversation with a member of the IMGPrep team.
- All applicants must provide documentation of the following immunizations: Hepatitis B, MMR, and Tetanus.
- All applicants must provide a negative PPD result from the U.S. taken within the previous 12 months. If the test is positive, we will require a negative chest X-ray reading done in the U.S. within the previous 12 months. No exceptions.
- All applicants must provide proof of a complete U.S. criminal background check, performed within the previous six months. Criminal background checks may be requested from your local police department.
These initial requirements are non-negotiable; No externship service provider should place you in a clinical program if you have not met these minimum background requirements.
We understand that each of our applicant’s cases are unique. Score requirements and applicant profiles will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. We recommend that externship rotations be completed no more than eight-months prior to an applicant applying to residency programs.